May 8, 2020
This is part of a weekly journal I'm keeping about my side-hustle, SendView.
So, I think I’m finally getting Facebook ads to work.
I’m using a lookalike audience based off a customer list, a custom graphic I designed to focuses on the current problem we solve, and I’m starting with some slightly longer copy.
This time I took about two weeks to explore and take the time to set up each piece as well as I could:
- I got conversion tracking setup and dialed.
- I went through a few variations on images.
- I tested images to ensure the text:image ratio didn’t get flagged.
- I wrote 10-15 variations of copy.
- I wrote 3-5 variations of descriptions of titles for the link preview.
More importantly, I had my conversion funnel dialed in pretty well beforehand so I knew the numbers I needed to hit to make this week and I could benchmark each stage of the funnel against other traffic sources.
Now, after about 2 weeks of testing, the numbers are looking really good:
- $337 spent
- 61 people added to the waiting list
- $130/mo in new revenue generated (so far)
- Another $60/mo in new revenue possible from ongoing trials
We’ll obviously need to watch the lifetime value of these users, but given our average user sticks around for 10-11 months we should see a really solid ROI.
There are still a few kinks to things I need to learn to make it sustainable, but I’m really optimistic about the early results.